Direct Support Professional III - Full Time and Part Time Opportunities!
This position assists individuals in exploring, obtaining and retaining job, volunteer, and educational opportunities and/or instruction and support with daily living skills, with adults who live independently or in a family home. All services are provided in-person and/or virtually.
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Possesses the professional skills and abilities speciﬁc to the technical aspects of the position.
- Assist individuals in advocating for their needs while providing assistance and support in various tasks vital to living and working in the community.
- Identify barriers to employment; assist individuals in resolving and mitigating barriers; oﬀer potential solutions and supportive services,
- Coordinate instruction and support to facilitate acquisition of independent living skills.
- Research opportunities that support the person’s interests in work, recreation, post-secondary education and community and facilitate participation in activities of their choosing.
- Provide services related to post-secondary education including exploration, facilitating the enrollment and ﬁnancial aid processes, and other educational related supports.
DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT SERVICE PLANS
- Conduct interviews and assessments in preparation for service plan development.
- Participate in developing and implementing instructional and support plans based on the person’s objectives.
- Maintain progress records, ensuring accuracy; write and submit reports as per established procedures.
TRANSPORTATION OF PERSONS SERVED
- Transport individuals as needed which may include assistance with public and/or para transportation services.
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop and maintain eﬀective relationships with persons served, peers, supervisors and other staﬀ, aﬃliated agency staﬀ and members of the community.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining the individual’s circle of support, with a focus on
reducing relationships with paid supports, as requested by the individual.
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in team planning meetings, trainings and staﬀ meetings.
- Provide support as a Direct Support Professional working in any BI program including but not limited to, providing in-home care, transportation and in-community services for persons served.
- Executes position speciﬁc job duties and other duties as assigned at the discretion of BI.
CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS Organized: Able to perform job duties with eﬃciency and accuracy
Dependable: Can be relied upon; trustworthy, responsible, punctual
Good Judgment: Chooses courses of action that result in beneﬁcial outcomes to the agency and the community
Positive Attitude: Has an overall positive, open and supportive attitude
Interpersonal Relations: Is able to relate well to others
Communication: Is an eﬀective listener, communicates well both verbally and in writing
Initiative: Is a self-starter
Philosophical Commitment: Demonstrates commitment to BI’s established culture of dignity and respect
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent is required; College coursework in Special Education, Rehabilitation, Psychology or a closely related ﬁeld is preferred.
Experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities is desirable.
Good customer service skills and an interest in helping others pursue and achieve their best life is required.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster or valid medical or religious exemption is required as a condition for employment. Individuals who are in the vaccination process ie; are only partially vaccinated/have only received the ﬁrst dose in a two-dose series or are awaiting the 14-day
post-vaccine waiting period for full vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing until considered fully vaccinated. Individuals with a valid medical or religious exemption must also undergo a weekly COVID-19 testing.
The ability to provide job training, supervision, and interpersonal skills to assist individuals to rely on natural support in the workplaces. Ability to negotiate and coordinate work-related issues with employers.