PROGRAM ASSISTANTCouncil on Aging
Adult Day Respite Senior Social Club Program Assistant
Do you want a job you will love?
Council on Aging is seeking an energetic and creative program assistant for its Senior Social Club Adult Day Respite Program in Sonoma. The program assistant will help the site coordinator lead activities that provide mental stimulation and socialization for older adults with cognitive impairments. The Social Club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. The assistant will help with morning set-up and afternoon clean-up, and with serving lunch to participants. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a high school graduate. Some college coursework in human development, social work, therapeutic recreation or a related field is desired.
- Have experience interacting with seniors who have cognitive and/or physical impairments.
- Be able to stay actively engaged with participants, relate respectfully to them and be alert to their individual behaviors.
- Be able to work as a team with the site coordinator and complete tasks both independently together.
- Have basic computer skills, with ability to use email and cell phone.
- Attain First Aid and CPR certification within 60 days of hire.
- Attend occasional paid trainings and meetings offsite and outside of regular program hours.
- Hold a valid drivers’ license and an infraction-free DMV record of three years.
- Pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment physical.