Road Maintenance Supervisor ICounty Of Mendocino
Ukiah, CA Full-time
Posted on August 3, 2018
Road Maintenance Supervisor I - Fort Bragg
Under general supervision, plan, coordinate, organize, supervise, and train road crew(s) in the construction, repair, and maintenance of County roads and bridges in assigned area. Performs road or bridge maintenance as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out supervisory responsibility in accordance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws including: training in job skills; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Inspect and evaluate the condition of roads and other related public works projects in assigned area.
- Anticipate and estimate repair costs for road maintenance and re-construction, including the cost of labor, equipment, and materials.
- Supervise various maintenance and construction activities as assigned.
- Assign and supervise the general maintenance and safety of assigned equipment, shops, vehicles, and storage areas.
- Recommend required maintenance, repair, and construction on roads, arteries, bridges, and/or other related public works projects.
- Train and evaluate personnel in the maintenance, repair, and construction of roads, culverts, access areas, and other similar projects.
- Prepare and submit requisitions for materials, tools, supplies, personnel, and/or other necessities.
- Serve as liaison for the department to property owners, businesses, and private contracts.
- Assist in making recommendations in the selection and disciplining of personnel.
- Monitor construction by non-County crews when encroachment or right of entry permits are involved, and ensure compliance thereof.
- Maintain inventory and material stock-piling records.
- Perform maintenance at County landfills.
- Maintain safety and security of worksites, crewmembers, and the public.
- Respond to emergency calls in off hours as required.
- May transport, direct, and monitor an inmate work crew and ensure compliance with inmate work crew rules and practices.
- Participate in road maintenance, road construction, and equipment operation as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.