Alcohol and Other Drug Services Assistant I/IICounty Of Sonoma
Alcohol and Other Drug Services Assistant I/II - Extra-Help
$17.83 - $24.59 Hourly
The County of Sonoma Department of Health Services is seeking qualified candidates to fill an extra-help Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AODS) Assistant position for the Drug Testing Program in Santa Rosa.
Note: This position may be filled at the I or II level. If you are interested in being considered for the II level, you will need to apply for the separate concurrent recruitment being conducted for that level.
Under close supervision, an AODS Assistant I learns how to work within a framework of standard policies and procedures to provide paraprofessional services and clerical support for the Behavioral Health Division's Drug Testing Unit. Responsibilities include checking in and monitoring clients while they perform their drug test, operating the equipment used to perform the test, providing office support activities, and processing client payments. Employees in this entry-level position are expected to become proficient in various duties on all shifts and complete related training in order to qualify for the next level of AODS Assistant II after the initial training and development period of one year.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Current licensure, registration, or certification as an AODS counselor in accordance with California Health and Safety Code Section 11833(b)(1)
- Experience working with AODS clients in an AODS program
- Familiarity with the concepts related to chain of custody
- The ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from a variety of social, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- The ability to develop rapport and maintain cooperative relationships with clients, service providers, and partner agencies
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, including some evening and weekend shifts
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accurate data entry and recordkeeping
Equal Opportunity Employer