Equipment Maintenance Worker I - Extra-Help
Salary up to $24.96/hour*
As an Equipment Maintenance Worker I, you will perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled light and heavy manual tasks related to equipment maintenance. The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in small engine repair and maintenance
- An expert in using light mechanical machines, hand tools, and landscape equipment
- Able to follow multiple directions and complete work accurately
- Committed to working safely
- Dependable, with a strong work ethic
- Able to use computer software to complete daily time records
- Familiar with outdoor construction equipment
License: Possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level, including special endorsements as required by the State of California, may be required depending upon assignment to perform the essential job functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to: perform a variety of semiskilled manual maintenance and construction tasks for extended periods and under unfavorable weather conditions; safely operate light motorized machines and power tools; understand and follow oral and written instructions; follow basic safety policies and procedures; accurately complete simple report forms; work effectively with others; read and write English at a level appropriate for successful job performance; perform basic arithmetic calculations; and demonstrate physical strength, endurance and mechanical aptitude.
Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. Be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.