Information Technology Analyst IICounty Of Sonoma
Information Technician II Regular & Extra-Help
$5,240 - $6,369/Monthly
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities.
You can also look forward to excellent benefits' including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities.
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year.
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options.
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits.
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security.
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment.
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range.
The Geographic Information Technician II works independently in support of GIS-related projects in the Information Management Division of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Team. The GIS Team administers the County's Enterprise GIS and maintains the framework layers in the Enterprise GIS system (e.g., addresses, streets, parcels, etc.). GIS Team members develop applications and provide mapping solutions to other County departments and agencies.
The primary tasks of the Geographic Information Technician II include:
- Maintaining GIS data layers and metadata using ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Providing cartographic products to departments and assisting users in visualizing business data in map form (digital or paper)
- Assisting ISD-GIS staff and customers by developing GIS-related workflows.
- Installing and troubleshooting software and answering software-related questions.
- Responding to agency or public queries for information or data.
The following knowledge and experience is highly desirable:
- Data automation and editing utilizing ESRI ArcGIS-software and Enterprise geodatabases (e.g., SDE)
- Knowledge of cartographic principles and layout design, as applied to use of ESRI GIS software (i.e., ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Professional and ArcGIS Online)
- Knowledge and experience working with the ESRI Parcel Fabric or other ESRI ArcGIS workflow.
- Working knowledge of Python and/or FME for data automation.
- Experience providing GIS technical support to end users.