Park Ranger TraineeCounty Of Sonoma
Park Ranger Trainee - Time-Limited $3,506 - $4,262 Monthly
Park Ranger Trainees support park visitors by explaining park rules, collecting visitor day-use and camping fees, responding to questions and complaints, and conducting nature and interpretive programs. In addition, Trainees inspect park areas for cleanliness and safety, perform maintenance, clean facilities, and correct hazardous conditions.
Park Ranger Trainees assist Park Rangers in performing peace officer duties within park areas, patrolling assigned park areas on foot or in vehicles, administering emergency medical care, gathering and cataloging environmentally-related data, and maintaining records.
The most qualified candidates will possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively and tactfully with the public
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Work experience providing basic first aid/emergency medical care to visitors/customers
- Experience handling and reconciling cash transactions
- Experience performing unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks
Park Ranger Trainees may be assigned work during weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Assignments may include irregular hours and job duties and are performed in uniform.
Equal Opportunity Employer