Joseph Phelps Vineyards is a family-owned, luxury winery business with two locations; St. Helena and Freestone California. Our vision is to build and inspire to be the best we can be. We strive for excellence while growing our business and people; remaining respectful to our history, legacy, land and each other.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is seeking harvest interns to assist the production team in all facets of wine processing at our facility in Freestone California staring in August of 2022.
Come join this dynamic team if you want to grow your knowledge of premium winemaking techniques, contribute to making excellent wine while having lots of fun.
The job responsibilities as a harvest intern will include:
• Performing routine cellar duties including but not limited to grape receival, crushing, pressing, filling, and topping.
• Performing tank and barrel additions and inoculations.
• Pump overs and punch downs
• Sanitation procedures.
• Wine movements and barrel work such as racking, transfers, stacking, topping, washing and maintenance.
• Follow all safety protocols, standards, and procedures.
• Various other tasks
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, pull 100 pounds at least 20 feet, stand for prolonged periods of time, climb ladders, stairs and catwalks, stoop, bend, lift overhead and kneel. You must be motivated to work hard, able to multi-task and to work long hours and weekends if needed. At least one harvest or previous cellar experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Ability to lawfully work in the USA.