Teacher with Principal Duties
This position requires teaching students at TK-6 grade level an appropriate and well-balanced instructional program following guidelines set by the district, provide supervision of all students, maintain a safe and nurturing environment for all students, accept supervision and follow policies and guidelines set by the school board, communicate frequently with parents concerning student progress, and maintain positive communication with students, staff, Board, and the community.
Principal duties include supervision of Instructional Assistant, attendance, Free/Reduced Lunch, CALPADS, substitute scheduling, and ordering of supplies.
View Job Description
Requirements / Qualifications
The Teacher/Principal, within the limitations defined by the district is responsible for:
• Curriculum development and instructional leadership.
• Development of educational goals and objectives of the school.
• Supervision, and evaluation of all certificated and classified staff assigned to the school
• Participation in selection of personnel.
• Promoting physical and mental well-being of students.
• Interpreting and implementing district policies and practices.
• Serving as a liaison with the local school community.
• Developing budget and management of school.
• Gathering data and completing reports. (CALPADS, Free/Reduced Lunch, LCAP)
• Overseeing management and maintenance of the school plant and site.
• Overseeing management and maintenance of equipment, inventory, and materials assigned to the school.
• Participating in district in-service programs, attend school board meetings
• Promoting and maintaining a professional attitude among the staff.
Applicants must possess a valid credential authorizing instruction in a self-contained classroom setting for grades TK-6; this may be achieved with a number of credentials including a California Standard Elementary Teaching Credential or a Multiple Subject Credential. Must have CLAD/ELL Authorization (BCLAD-SPANISH preferred) and be HQT in Elementary/Multiple Subjects. It is desirable that the Teacher have experience/knowledge with multi-grade teaching.