Under general supervision provide fiscal oversight of categorically-funded programs; assist a Program Director(s); develop budgets; maintain a variety of fiscal records and generate fiscal documents and reports; make claims for federal, state and county funds.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform higher and lower level accounting support work such as coordinate data gathering, maintain permanent files and records for programs and grants; independently prepare complex financial summaries and analyses; maintain and reconcile fiscal records, prepare journal entries, reports, budget transfers and cash transfers; calculate, generate and submit fiscal documents and reports; make claims for federal, state and county funds;
• Assist in budget development for grant RFPs and state and federal funding applications and review applications and grant proposals;
• Develop, monitor and revise grant or program budgets by noting discrepancies and issues, and by appropriately coding expenses and revenues, match requirements, and calculating percentage of salaries and related information;
• Monitor timelines for reports, data needs and funding claims; and assure that program and funding requirements are met and submitted in a timely manner;
• Advise and assist special project personnel regarding the implementation of program objectives related to fiscal control;
• Train program personnel on use of budget reports and other fiscal reports;
• Serve as a special projects resources person, providing information and assistance to County Office and school district personnel;
• Participate in staff development programs;
• Prepare the Annual State SACS Report on federal and state grant awards activity, and the transportation report (not all positions);
• Provide and interpret information on operations, procedures, program/grant requirements and education codes to County Office personnel; provide in-service training for County Office personnel in grant operations;
• Assist with follow-up studies designed to monitor long-term success of program activities;
• Assist and meet with independent and program auditors as needed; meet with California Department of Education and JTPA analysts regarding fiscal and program issues (not all positions);
• Attend a variety of meetings, as assigned;
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.