Quality Assurance Manager
Brake into a New Career with MGM Brakes!
MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for a Quality Assurance Manager located at our Cloverdale, CA manufacturing facility.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing the quality management system (QMS), activities related to the environmental management system (EMS), and managing the Quality Assurance staff at the Cloverdale, CA manufacturing facility. The Quality Assurance Manager manages and organizes the systems relating to customer and supplier quality matters, inspections, warranties, corrective actions, and continuous improvement. In addition, this technical, hands-on Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for coordinating the process for accepting incoming components used in production, working closely with various departments such as: material control, assembly, engineering, and customer service. The Quality Assurance Manager interfaces with Corporate QA and MGM Brakes Murphy, NC Quality departments in coordinating practices and sharing supplier/customer concerns and complaints. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for reducing customer related PPM while raising internal quality standards. Some business travel (up to 10%) may be required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is required
• 5+ years of demonstrated Manufacturing Plant Quality & Management Systems experience is required
and previous management experience within a Quality Department is preferred
• Hands-on experience with products, manufacturing processes, testing equipment and knowledge of customer requirements within the Automotive or Commercial Heavy Truck Industry required
• Knowledge of Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
• Knowledge of calibration systems, manufacturing products and operations
• Understanding of statistical process control and failure mode & effects analysis
• Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards
• Understanding of various advanced product quality planning (APQP) tools and documentation
• Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Effective leadership, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Ability to work with tact and professionalism towards customers and suppliers
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
Submit your application and resume today for immediate consideration. Applications will be accepted through March 8, 2021.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
• Competitive wages
• Medical, dental and vision plans
• Company paid life insurance
• Company paid business travel accident insurance
• Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
• Company paid long term disability plan
• Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
• Voluntary supplemental accident insurance for employees and family members
• Flexible spending account
• 401K retirement savings with an employer match
• Traditional pension plan
• Paid time off for vacation and holidays
Indian Head Industries/MGM Brakes is an equal employment opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a special disabled veteran or other protected veteran. IHI/MGM Brakes will consider all qualified and interested applicants for career opportunities. If you need assistance with accessing our website, please contact our Human Resources Department at 704.547.7411 or 1.800.527.1534.
No phone calls, third party recruiters or staffing firms
IHI/MGM BRAKES is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/minorities/females/veterans/disabled