Assistant Project Manager
Peterson Mechanical is a Sonoma-based mechanical contractor providing a single source for reliable mechanical systems in the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in HVAC, plumbing and refrigeration for a wide variety of market sectors including Healthcare, Technology, Education, Office Space, Hospitality, Winery, High Rise and Low Rise Residential. Peterson Mechanical provides pre-construction, pre-fabrication, custom fabrication, design/build and plan/spec. solutions for San Francisco, Oakland, Sonoma, Napa and the surrounding areas. We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our competent team.
The Assistant Project Manager, under the direction of the Project Manager, plans, coordinates, executes and maintains effective construction organization utilizing the necessary engineering, labor, equipment, materials, tools, subcontracted services and other Company resources to perform the scope of the contracted work on high rise residential, commercial and industrial plumbing/piping/HVAC projects within budget and time schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Project Manager, assists with:
- the development and tracking of the project schedule
- establishing project cost control centers for tracking equipment, material, labor, subcontracts and miscellaneous costs
- the direction of trade planners in the development of shop drawings and coordination of the planning efforts with other trades
- the development of piping, plumbing and/or HVAC construction standards
- the resolution of issues/problems
- the reporting of project status to stakeholders
- the estimation and processing of changes in the scope of work
- the management of construction documentation
- the inspection of the job site on a periodic basis
- follow up on warranty work
Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Assists in sales calls.
- Attends pre-bid meetings.
- HS Diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience working in the mechanical construction industry or BS in Engineering/Construction Management.
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial plumbing or piping systems.
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Ability to interpret computerized data.
- Computer literacy in Outlook, Excel and Word and Blue Beam.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Bay Area.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and Primavera.
- Knowledge of design, building and mechanical/plumbing code.
Sitting for prolonged periods required. Occasional standing and walking required. Manual dexterity required for computer work. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs required. Office work environment as well as construction site environment. Some exposure to loud noise on construction sites at times. Reasonable accommodations will be made available.
Peterson Mechanical offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.