Residential HVAC Service Installer
Peterson Mechanical, a Sonoma-based mechanical contractor providing a single source for reliable mechanical systems in the San Francisco Bay Area, is searching for an HVAC Installer for both residential and light commercial projects. The Residential HVAC Service Installer is a union position (AC Specialist), covered under the Sheet Metal Workers Union Local 104. It is subject to the Collective Bargaining Agreement and any associated addendums.
The HVAC Installer will install, repair and replace heating, air conditioning and ventilation equipment in residential and light commercial buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs and replaces HVAC systems and any related components according to manufacturer’s specifications, including wiring, refrigerant lines, gas lines and ductwork.
- Provides timely and quality installation and replacement of customers’ products.
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment. Adjusts, cleans and calibrates equipment to assure proper operations. Complete install and replacement of the following:
- 80 percent to 90 percent efficiency furnaces.
- Air conditioning and heat pump condensers.
- ECM variable speed motors
- Compressor replacements.
- Install all equipment to current building codes.
- Promotes additional products and services.
- Advises customers on maintenance schedules.
- Pre-measures jobs to ensure proper materials for installation.
- Receives, verifies and loads all equipment and materials for jobs.
- Assures billing accurately reflects completed services. Prepares records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions.
- Assures all work is completed to quality and safety specifications.
- Provides training to customers on electronic control system operations as directed.
- Assures customers’ locations are left clean and undamaged.
- Provides technical assistance with system designs.
- Maintains truck stock inventory.
- Keeps truck clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- May assist with system repairs and maintenance.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in residential/light commercial HVAC field.
- Knowledge of current building codes.
- Ability to repair, replaces, install, and set up computerized electronic components.
- General knowledge of construction and electrical trade.
- Computer literacy in office communication programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must have current driver’s license.
- Must have appropriate hand tools.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Advanced training in construction trades/HVAC.
- EPA and/or NATE certified.
- Training and/or certifications in construction safety, forklift training, defensive driving, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry.
There is frequent bending, walking, carrying and lifting; some sitting for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity required for computer work. There is occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. There will be exposure to confined spaces, such as, attics and roofs. Office and outdoor construction environments should be expected. Must be able to wear work boots and perform ladder work. It will require some exposure to cold, heat, weather, and sun. Work conditions include construction site noise level. Reasonable accommodations will be made available.
The Residential HVAC Service Installer is a union position (AC Specialist), covered under the Sheet Metal Workers Union Local 104. It is subject to the Collective Bargaining Agreement and any associated addendums.