Cage Service RepresentativeRiver Rock Casino
Cage Service Representative
WORKING HOURS: This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
SUMMARY: Creates a welcome and entertaining environment for all guests by providing courteous prompt and professional customer service at all times. Provides friendly, efficient and accurate cashiering services to guests and Team Members. Promotes membership into the Players Club and works in conjunction with all staff members to enhance customer service and overall image projection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for providing superior service to both internal and external customers.
2. Promotes the Players Club, entertainment, games, and eating establishments of the casino; sign-up and support Players Club memberships and promotions.
3. Ensures proper internal control procedures and operating policies are followed at all times.
4. Responsible for casino assets assigned during shift.
5. Ability to identify the different denominations of chips, currency, and coin.
6. Cash out Chips for dealers, beverage servers, etc.
7. Professionally and courteously answers and directs callers to individuals or departments appropriate to callers needs; takes messages.
8. Follows proper procedures for paging patrons. Serves as announcer, using written scripts.
9. Stays informed of events, promotions and entertainment at the casino.
10. Works in conjunction with all staff members to enhance guest service and overall image of the casino.
11. Resolve customer disputes when necessary, exercising appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention, directs guests to player development as needed.
12. Is motivated in becoming familiar with all guests by remembering names and little facts about them.
13. Possesses a broad knowledge of the various games throughout the casino.
14. Routinely strives to build and maintain rapport with guests.
15. Knowledge of Title 31.
16. Assists in clerical support as needed and requested.
17. Responsible for providing superior service to both internal and external customers.
18. Ability to multi-task (Sometimes job requires to cover two windows at a time).
19. Responsible for having superior communication with all co-workers.
20. Team player
21. Responsible for accurate paperwork/documentation of monies.
22. Recommends changes as necessary to improve guest and employee service.
23. Remains at their scheduled and assigned areas, politely greeting and directing guests.
24. Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
25. Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
26. Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
27. Attends all required meetings and training.
28. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
29. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
1. Six months general cashiering background and/or prior money handling experience required.
2. Six months customer service experience dealing directly with customers.
3. Must be able to count money, coins and chips accurately.
4. 10-key touch required.
5. Must have knowledge of Windows based applications including MS-Office (Word, Excel), MS-Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
6. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
8. Must present professional appearance at all times.
9. Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
1. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
3. Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
4. Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
1. Ability to proactively streamline processes for company's return on investment.
2. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
3. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
4. Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
5. Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
1. Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
2. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
3. Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
4. Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
5. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
6. Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
2. Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
3. Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
4. Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke. River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A Pre-employment Drug Test, Fingerprint, and Background Check is Required.