CashierRiver Rock Casino
JOB TITLE: Cashier
STATUS: Full or Part-time
JOB GRADE: HG2
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing fast and friendly guest service. Provides efficient and accurate cashiering services to all guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing excellent service to internal and external guests.
- Operates POS system, entering proper amounts and totals and provides correct change for all transactions.
- Follows all cash handling procedures.
- Responsible for accurate paperwork/documentation of monies.
- Ensures supplies are properly stored and secured.
- Replenishes supplies to par levels.
- Helps to clear and set tables as necessary.
- Ensures dining room is properly set, clean and organized.
- Follows safety guidelines as instructed.
- Provides backup to Team Member Dining Room (TDR) when needed by assisting in the daily cashier duties. .
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Prior experience working as a cashier is required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have good interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Must have knowledge of all products offered and make suggestions to guests.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Bilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
- Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to proactively streamline processes for company’s return on investment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (depending on position)
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds (depending on position)
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.