Housekeeping AttendantRiver Rock Casino
$1,500 hiring bonus for full-time positions! $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Must be aged 18 or more. No need to be 21 to work in this position.
JOB SUMMARY: Cleans public and office areas of casino on a preset schedule. Job assignments are by sections. The facility is divided into cleaning areas or sections. Performs other cleaning jobs under direction of the Shift Supervisor.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Cleans assigned section: Dusts and cleans glass, ceramic, vinyl, wood, and metal surfaces of fixtures and slot machines as outlined in section assignments. 2. Empties trash receptacles and clean inside of receptacles as needed. 3. Follows cycle cleaning procedures. 4. Monitors the floor or other assigned area(s) 5. Vacuums and picks-up all trash in assigned area(s). 6. Cleans entryways, and surrounding areas. 7. Responsible for equipment, so as to protect it from damage and store it to prevent its loss. 8. Utilizes equipment (i.e. mops, buckets, extension cords, etc.) in a manner that is mindful of guest safety. 9. Washes windows and mirrors using correct procedures. 10. Empties trash according to the environmental method of disposal or holding in specific containers for pick-up. 11. Acts as a role model to co-workers and always presents oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino. 12. Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies and procedures. 13. Attends all meetings and training as required. 14. Performs additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Prior cleaning or hotel housekeeping experience preferred. 2. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. 3. Physical condition allowing prolonged period of standing and walking. 4. General knowledge of cleaning chemicals is preferred. 5. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. 6. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including Holidays and weekends. 7. Must present a well groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL, INTELLECTUAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL OBJECTIVES: 1. Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino. 2. Must be able to lift and carry the weight needed to perform the duties of the job. 3. Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with hand and power equipment. 4. Must be able to work in areas containing high noise levels and secondary smoke. 5. Must be able to work at a fast pace. 6. Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory, and aural cues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Must have at least 1 year Food and/or Beverage experience;
- Must have excellent customer service skills;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
- Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to proactively streamline processes for company’s return on investment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
2. Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
3. Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
4. Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED