Slot Technician IRiver Rock Casino
Slot Technician I
Working Hours: This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
Summary: Creates an entertainment environment for all guests. This position provides courteous and prompt service in repairing machines, maintains machine performance through preventative maintenance and evaluation of reports on machine performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the immediate, periodic, and overhaul repair, maintenance and general operation of the slot machines.
- Possesses strong technical skills, both electrical and mechanical.
- Must learn and maintain a thorough working knowledge of slot and video games and equipment.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines.
- Routinely strives to build and maintain rapport with customers, by handling disputes and making every effort to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Exercises appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention.
- Ability to handle and secure keys within department guidelines.
- Builds rapport and coordinates daily functions with support services departments, especially Slot Operations.
- Coordinates with Slot Shift Supervisors and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat or damage gaming equipment and to identify floor irregularities to a Slot Shift Supervisor, Lead Slot Supervisor, Slot Tech Supervisor and Manager.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities for this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in electronics repair or as a slot technician.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing, with team members, guest and superiors.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuitry, electronics and mechanical devices.
- General knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations pertaining to Slot Operations preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and make sound judgments.
- Must have knowledge of Windows based applications including MS-Office (Work, Excel), MS-Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must posses’ business professionalism and ethics with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required. Electronic experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
- Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations.
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds independently.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
- Must possess the ability to use hand truck, jack equipment, push, pull and maneuver slot machines for the purpose of installations, repair and or maintenance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke and noise levels of moderate to loud.
- The them member performing this job will regularly work near electrical, and moving mechanical parts.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A pre-employment drug test, fingerprint, and background check is required.