Senior Office Support SupervisorSanta Rosa, CA Area Jobs
Senior Office Support Supervisor $4,729 - $5,748/Monthly
Apply by 08/12/19
Reporting to the Administrative Services Officer, the Senior Office Support Supervisor (Sr. OSS) plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the work of clerical staff who support Commission programs. They are responsible training clerical staff, implementing clerical support objectives, and reviewing and evaluating clerical staff's work for appropriateness, compliance, and quality. Additionally, the Sr. OSS resolves complex clerical issues and conflicts with regulatory and procedural guidelines; and supports the management team with minor administrative activities. The Sr. OSS may also write reports and serve as a hearing officer on cases involving Housing Authority program tenants.
The ideal Sr. OSS candidate will have:
- Extensive customer service, office management, and supervisory experience
- A proven track record of exercising excellent judgment and a common-sense approach to addressing challenging customer service situations
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create effective written reports
- Database management experience, previous work with residential property management or social services databases is highly desired
- The drive to engage others to effectively work together towards a common goal
What We Offer
The County of Sonoma offers career growth and development, the opportunity to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing that you're working to better the community. You can also look forward to a competitive total compensation package, including*:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can found in the Service Employees International Union Local 1021 Memorandum Of Understanding (SEIU MOU).
This position is in the Sonoma County Community Development Commission, which is a separate entity from the County of Sonoma, and not within the Sonoma County Civil Service System. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help (temporary) positions as they occur during the active status of the list. County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment.