Construction Materials Testing Laboratory Manager
Location: Willits, CA, serving northern coastal California
Compensation & Benefits:
• Wage range is approximate $52,000 to $62,400depending on experience.
• Prevailing wage applies (when working on eligible public works projects)
• Flexible work schedule
• Comprehensive benefit package
• Family-friendly and supportive team culture, shareholder opportunities
• Live, work, and play in the beautiful coastal landscapes of the Pacific Northwest.
What are SHN’s minimum qualifications?
• High school diploma or GED.
• Certifications from an agency (ICC, AASHTO, ASTM, NICET, Caltrans, ODOT, ACI, AWS), for at least three of the following: Concrete field-testing technician, concrete strength testing technician or concrete materials laboratory technician; radiation safety for nuclear density soils testing; and one ICC special inspection certification in either concrete, masonry, soils, fireproofing, or structural steel bolting and/or welding.
• 5 or more years of experience performing routine field and laboratory, soils and concrete tests, with the ability to evaluate the test results in terms of specification compliance.
• Valid California driver's license.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
What additional knowledge and experience would make me a great candidate?
• Experience supervising others
• Associate’s degree or college-level coursework in related field
• AWS Welding Certification
• Experience working with DSA or OSHPD in the State of California
What kind of work would I be doing?
The Lab Manager will be in direct charge of an SHN Construction Materials Testing Laboratory in the region in which they are assigned; safely facilitate all laboratory materials testing, construction materials field observations and testing; maintain the labs required standards and accreditations; supervise and develop Construction Materials Testing Technicians to accomplish department objectives; and as with all on the SHN team, respect and embody the values of SHN.
SHN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer