Location: Throughout Northern California and Southern Oregon, based in our Willits, California office
Compensation & Benefits:
- Wage range $60,000 to $80,000, depending on qualifications and ability to become licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor.
- We offer a family-friendly and supportive team culture, shareholder opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Live, work, and play in the beautiful coastal redwoods and rural communities of Northern California.
What are SHN’s minimum qualifications?
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) or equivalent experience and training
- 2-year degree in Geomatics/Surveying, Engineering Technology, or 4-year degree in Engineering or related field, from an accredited vocational school, college or university
- Fluency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble software
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Valid California Driver's license within 30 days of hire date
Are there preferred qualifications?
- Advanced degree in relevant area of study from accredited university or college
- Experience working in consulting
What kind of work would I be doing?
Your work will support public infrastructure projects (such as roads, bridges, water and wastewater systems, schools, and medical facilities) and private projects (including commercial, residential, and industrial development projects). You will work closely with our Professional Land Surveyors. You will define scope and costs, plan and evaluate field survey projects, perform the surveys, manage survey teams, process and coordinate field design survey work, construction staking work, and other surveys. You will estimate field and analysis hours needed, gather field survey data through use of conventional and GPS methods, use and maintain surveying equipment such as electronic total stations, and perform field surveys of roads, bridges, construction staking, intersections, right-of-ways, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
In the office you will process the field data that you or survey teams have acquired and develop that information into existing site conditions and topographic maps. You will research and calculate parcel boundaries, and develop parcel and record of survey maps, ALTA Surveys, corner records and other project data, as directed by the project Professional Land Surveyor managing the project. In addition, you will provide construction survey calculations and prepare reports for contractors.
SHN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer