Location: North Coast of California, Eureka office
Compensation & Benefits:
- Wage range is approximately $75,000 to $120,000
- Flexible work schedule
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Family-friendly and supportive team culture, shareholder opportunities
- Live, work, and play in the beautiful coastal redwoods and rural communities of Northern California
What are SHN’s minimum qualifications?
- B.S. degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited university or college
- Professional Civil Engineer registration (PE) in California, or ability to become licensed in California within 1 year of hire
- (Senior-Level) Ten plus years of post-PE experience OR (Mid-Level) Five to nine years of post-PE experience working with small community water and wastewater systems, including planning, technical studies, and design
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Thorough understanding of California waste discharge requirements for wastewater disposal to surface water and groundwater
- Familiarity with state and federal grant funding programs for small community water and wastewater projects
- Proven ability to market engineering services to other professional services consulting firms and to public works clients
- Active participation in local professional organizations and civic groups
What additional knowledge and experience would make me a great candidate?
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited university or college
- Working in consulting
What kind of work would I be doing?
Projects are variable but the person filling this position will be directly responsible for civil engineering projects for our municipal and private development clients. The Water/Wastewater Engineer helps rural communities in northern California and southern Oregon solve their wastewater problems. This engineer is directly responsible for the design of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects, development of preliminary plans and specifications, construction documents, cost estimates, bidding support, and construction support activities.
SHN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer