Accounting Assistant / Support
Sonoma County Fire District Windsor, CA Full-time Accounting
Posted on September 11, 2020
Under direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accounting Assistant provides support in the finance division by providing a wide variety of administrative and accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, writing grant proposals, grant administration and reporting, procurement and contract administration functions. The position additionally sets up and maintains a variety of fiscal and administrative filing systems.
The position provides general accounting and administrative support to managers, provides customers service to the public and performs related work as required.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying, such as the following:
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Two (2) years of responsible bookkeeping, payroll or financial record keeping or other accounting experience;
• Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software;
• California Department of Motor Vehicle Class C license with clean driving record.
The Ideal Candidate
Desirable training and experience are:
• One year of college level course work in accounting or financial record keeping or closely related field;
• Work in a fire district, school district, or water district;
• Familiar and experience with fire district accounting practice;
• Knowledge and experience in special district administration;
• Experience with Federal and State Grants is highly desirable;
• Contract management experience is highly desirable;
• Experience in EMS billing highly desirable.
Compensation and Benefits Salary:
$67,000 - $73,867
Insurance benefits:Employee are eligible to participate in a group medical, dental, and vision plan
Vacation: 6 to 16 hours a month depending on years of employment
Sick Leave: From 10 to 16 hours a month depending on years of employment
Holiday: 11 holidays plus one floating holiday
Retirement: CalPERS 2.7 % @ 55 (classic) 2% @ 62 (PEPRA)
Other benefits: $200 per month match towards deferred compensation (457 program), tuition reimbursements, and life insurance.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Human Resources at (707) 838-1170