Academic InternshipSonoma Media Investments
Are you a student in Sonoma County who is looking for an academic internship 2018? Then we might have something for you…
We are looking for a college student who would be interested in a paid academic internship, 2 – 3 days a week at the 2018 Pulitzer Prize winning Santa Rosa Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments. The main focus of the internship is on developing a strong understanding of what drives online traffic. This position will work with the Digital Director in a modern newsroom environment and produce content for www.pressdemocrat.com, www.sonomamag.com, www.sonomanews.com and www.petaluma360.com.
- Previous experience working for a media organization
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in editing
- Multi-media skills a plus
- Photography and video experience a plus
- College education focused on journalism or communication
- WordPress experience
- Social media experience: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.
- Conduct online research for stories
- Conduct interviews for stories
- Create galleries with well written and sometimes humorous captions
- Shoot and edit videos
- Research and write stories for blog posts
- Write and edit newsletters
- Post social media updates
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Please visit www.sonomamediainvestments.com to learn more about our organization, affiliated publications and our career opportunities. Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
Sonoma Media Investments Is An Equal Opportunity Employer