The Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments is seeking an Account Manager to join our advertising sales team. This position works in partnership with Account Executive(s), and is responsible for processing all ad related material from concept to actual advertising campaign. The Account Manager is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts and should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The incumbent must be professional, ambitious, self-disciplined, and possess the desire to work proactively and independently in a quality-driven environment. This position requires heavy customer interaction via telephone, email, and occasional in person contact. Proven account management skills including the ability to multitask along with strong organization and prioritization skills are necessary in order to create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships. This position is held accountable for ensuring that all ad campaigns run and are billed correctly.
- Provide excellent customer service and follow through to maintain existing and new business.
- Proactively reach out to clients on a regular basis to build relationships, retain existing clients, build trust, and maintain a high level of understanding of their advertising goals.
- Work with clients on a regular basis to update creative team, keep a consistent but new look throughout their advertising campaign.
- Proactively create specs and new designs for clients to ensure they have a variety of ads to run during their campaign.
- Process all ad material and secure proof approval under tight deadlines. Adhering to all company deadlines for contract and order processing.
- Ensure that revenue contracts are on track for fulfillment quarterly and frequency contracts are scheduled for the correct amount of run dates throughout the contract.
- Review campaigns in AdPoint to ensure they have been entered into the system correctly and then confirm all ads before the campaign’s start date.
- Effectively manage the results of client’s campaign, making adjustments as needed, always focusing on the best results for the client in conjunction with the Account Executive.
- Adhere to credit policies / procedures, including the collection of client funds for advertising for all cash with copy customers and encourage CWC clients to apply for credit or secure a reoccurring credit card for regular billing.
- Provide assistance in proposals and marketing planning with the Account Executive.
- Understand and be able to administer rates and policies when needed.
- Assist with YOY client revenue reports and other client research for meetings and communication.
- Be well-versed in all our multi-media products and assist clients with questions or clarifications when needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Marketing, Newspaper and/or digital industry knowledge, local market and competitive multimedia knowledge
Customer service or sales experience
Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and ability to learn in-house software applications
CRM software experience preferable
Process and edit text using applications Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and e-mail
Applies technology to gain efficiencies
Analysis, problem solving skills
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including : The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, The Sonoma County Gazette and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.
To apply, please complete an application on our career page.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: SMI is committed to creating a safe work environment for all employees, independent contractors, vendors and guests. All employees are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccine and be subject to booster shots as recommended by the CDC. Medical reasons for not being vaccinated and religious objections will be carefully reviewed to determine if an accommodation can be made.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SMI Diversity & Inclusion Statement
The primary duty of a media company, at its core, is to seek out and tell the truth through its journalism. At the same time, we must maintain a company culture that is inclusive and free of discrimination of any kind.
We at Sonoma Media Investments, LLC, acknowledge the difficult truth that over the course of our long history, we have not always been consistent or effective in fulfilling another duty, to protect and defend those who are trivialized, disregarded, sidelined or treated unfairly in our community, and within our own company.