Customer Service Representative (part-time)
The Press Democrat is seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative to join our circulation team. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for retaining and obtaining subscribers. Serves customers by providing product and service information, resolving print, digital, service, billing issues and questions. This position will handle all customer service and carrier related needs and requirements according to established policy and procedures. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Managing inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Taking care of all email boxes including voice mails.
- Processing payments, account maintenance projects & answer invoice inquiries.
- Completing all outbound calls as assigned.
- Communicate with circulation managers and district managers.
- Manage and complete daily tasks required for circulation operations necessary with Newscycle/Naviga customer service reports, rate maintenance, emails etc.)
- Answers inquiries by clarifying with the customer’s request and get desired information by researching, locating, and providing information.
- Determines best needs for your customers by obtaining desired information through engaging dialogue.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues, researching, and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, escalating unresolved problems.
- Recognizes opportunities to up-sell, or explain new features, or downgrade options, especially to maintain a customer.
- Enhances organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
College degree or equivalent experience in sales and/or customer service.
Knowledge of call center procedures (inbound and outbound).
Experience related to the functions of a newspaper circulation department or call center operation preferred.
Experience related to the functions of Newscycle/Naviga business system a plus.
Individual must have strong computer application skills with the ability to quickly learn and apply new applications.
Should be thoroughly familiar with business software such as, Excel, Word and Outlook.
Should be comfortable with multi line phone system.
Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.