Database Developer/AnalystSonoma Media Investments
Sonoma Media Investments is the local news source for Sonoma County. Our award winning publications include; The Press Democrat, Sonoma Index Tribune, Petaluma Argus Courier, North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, and La Prensa Sonoma. We are seeking an experienced full or part-time Database Developer/Analyst to join our IT team. You will work with users throughout our company to support and leverage our comprehensive suite of information systems.
Are you a self-starter and a great team member, with broad experience in SQL databases? Do you want to use your experience to design, create, and support integrations, automation, and reporting that improve our customers’ experience, raise user productivity, and simplify business operations?
Are you driven to make a difference? To deliver excellent customer service, and a positive user experience? This position is a cornerstone for getting the most out of our information. Your contribution will be vital to supporting SMI staff as they deliver award-winning journalism to the North Bay.
- Be the primary point of contact for business systems related services and projects
- Develop, maintain, and support custom reports, integrations, automation, and legacy systems
- Be the SME for our databases and architecture
- Identify and recommend systems improvements and innovations
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable
- 3 years of experience working with users, supporting mission critical business applications
- 3 years of experience as an MS SQL developer and report writer
- 3 years of programming experience using common back-office languages and environments
- Experience with SQL administration
- Experience with hybrid cloud environments
- Project management experience
For additional detail visit https://www.sonomamediainvestments.com/category/jobs/.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the San Francisco North Bay.
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.