Digital Media Strategist
The Digital Media Strategist is an expert in the digital advertising ecosystem, fully understanding the role of different
digital media platforms and how they can be best used to affect an advertiser’s business. Working closely with
our advertising sales staff and digital ad operations department, the Digital Media Strategist learns of the client’s
KPIs and objectives and creates a campaign that uses our available solutions to achieve the desired results. During
the campaign, the Digital Media Strategist monitors the campaign, optimizes it if necessary, and reports on the
efficacy. Additionally, they will assist in creating sales collateral and presentations for all digital advertising products
and perform other duties as needed.
This position requires both in office and in-person meetings. After demonstrating your commitment and delivering
outstanding results, you’ll have the option to experience our hybrid work model, which combines the best of both
remote and in-office work. Candidates should live in the area or be willing to relocate/commute.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Creating digital advertising campaigns for our advertisers, which includes the range of: digital display on our
owned sites; programmatic digital display; sponsored content; email marketing; social media advertising;
paid search; and video.
• Producing supporting sales presentations and collateral (in PowerPoint and MS Word).
• Conceptualizing story ideas for Sponsored Content for advertisers.
• Creating subject lines and content ideas for targeted advertiser emails.
• Editing and writing content for sales fliers, internal promotion, and sales presentations that represent our
entire range of digital products.
• Creating content for social media platforms on behalf of advertisers, as needed.
• Remaining fully informed on current and emerging market trends and implementing best practices.
• Reporting on digital product results, for internal and external purposes (in Excel, PowerPoint, and in proprietary
• Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or related field from a four-year college or university
• 6 months to two years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and
• MS Office experience required. Expert usage of Excel and PowerPoint is required. Content Management
Systems (WordPress a big plus), Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads and Ad Manager/DFP is highly sought.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret large amounts of information and data from a variety of sources.
• Adequate knowledge of typical content management systems and reporting platforms.
• Basic understanding of general marketing principles required.
• Knowledge of advertising copywriting best practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal clients, external clients and employees
from the organization.
• Excellent project management, time management and organization skills a must.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.
To be considered, please apply on our career page at www.sonomamediainvestments.com/jobs.
The pay range $28.85 - $31.25 per hour, depending on experience.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer