We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer who can conceptualize, create, and implement high-impact, results-driven designs that support Sonoma Media Investments, its business units, and partners. This position will develop and evolve various programs and campaigns, communicating ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers through digital, print, and additional collateral as needed. This role will define, develop, and steward our brands across every medium, alongside our leadership team, driving response and accurately conveying messaging to a defined audience.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conceptualize, design, and produce a wide variety of assets including logos, display ads, rich media, social collateral, landing pages, email campaigns, presentations, and an array of printed materials.
- Transform written and/or verbal information into unique and varied creative designs with minimal supervision and/or guidance in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Work alongside other designers, management, sales representatives, company employees, and outside vendors to formulate and execute complete multi-channel, cross-platform marketing campaigns that achieve preset goals.
- Design and execute spec advertising campaigns that meet strategies and present them to clients in a clear and professional manner.
- Stay on top of the latest in marketing, digital design, social media, and technology trends; bring new ideas and innovations to the creative team.
- Provide preliminary proofing and review final product to ensure work is complete and accurate; make corrections and revisions to materials, troubleshoot processes, when requested.
- Support other areas of the team and workloads where required to meet business and company objectives.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and advanced-level design work experience required.
Minimum 2 years of marketing and advertising experience; previous work for a publishing company or agency a plus.
Advanced working knowledge, strong production skills, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign required. Experience with After Effects, Premiere Pro, HTML5, CSS, and WordPress a plus.
Thorough knowledge of branding best practices and visual design principals, including graphic design, layout, typography, and color theory.
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage diverse and demanding workloads with frequently changing priorities and deadlines working alone or as part of a team.
Excellent written, verbal, visual, and interpersonal communication skills, including comprehension of technical terminology.
Keen eye for detail; continually demonstrates passion for improvement, success, and growth.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned media company based in Santa Rosa, CA. Formed in 2012 by a group of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism and its importance to our community, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the North Bay.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults engage with SMI’s publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.
To be considered, please apply on our career page.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: SMI is committed to creating a safe work environment for all employees, independent contractors, vendors and guests. All employees are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccine and be subject to booster shots as recommended by the CDC. Medical reasons for not being vaccinated and religious objections will be carefully reviewed to determine if an accommodation can be made.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer