Senior AccountantSonoma Media Investments
Seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join our dynamic and fast paced team.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting and maintain the fixed asset records.
- Reconcile cash and bank accounts.
- Process monthly close for circulation and advertising system.
- Responsible for all inventory accounting and comparison with prior periods and budgets.
- Prepare Product Profit & Loss analysis as needed.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget for all business units.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax returns including Property, sales and excise tax forms.
- Record all revenue accounting activities to ensure that revenues and receivables are accurately reported, invoiced, and presented in prevailing accounting pronouncements.
- Reconcile revenue issues including but not limited to reclassifications and adjustments.
- Responsible for reconciling the sub-ledger and the general ledger and handling revenue and cost of sale analysis and calculations.
- Research and resolving billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for 1099 research and resolution.
- Backup Account Payable and Receivable desks.
- Preparation of month end and quarterly financial statements using Adaptive Planning and NetSuite reporting tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Five Years solid accounting experience with two years of supervisor skills.
- Background of accounting business systems.
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa is seeking a Staff Accountant who will focus on our digital recruitment category. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
The Press Democrat values the contribution of its employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, accident insurance and paid time off. Additionally, we are committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered please submit a cover letter and resume.
The Press Democrat is an Equal Opportunity Employer