Afternoons, 12 Units ECE required.
Our Philosophy. Learning not only occurs through teacher directed studies such as math, reading, and science. In fact children's most meaningful and influential learning occurs through day-to-day routines. We believe by providing learning experiences in which a child can attempt new tasks on their own is an excellent way to help them learn and develop. Children’s Learning Center in Santa Rosa, CA provides a variety of developmental activities for children to achieve the following goals:
- Develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally
- Increase children's self-awareness and self-esteem
- Encourage children to express themselves in non-programmed, imaginative ways
- Encourage children to ask questions and to talk to each other
- Develop an "I can" - “Let me try” attitude
- Strengthen small- and large- motor skills and coordination
- Reinforce children's skills in using words effectively in their primary and secondary language
- Respect social and cultural diversities
- Provide exercises to increase children’s thinking and intellectual abilities
We believe that the teacher acts as a guide and facilitator in achieving these goals.