Harvest Cellar Crew - Benziger Winery
Benziger Family Winery in Glen Ellen is looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our 2021 harvest team! The Harvest Cellar Crew assists the cellar team with all day-to-day harvest operations, including receiving grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, general cleaning, and any other winery related tasks. We are a team of well organized, positive, hard-working folks who focus on keeping quality at the highest-level while being efficient in the process and thorough in our winemaking. Ideal candidates can have prior harvest/cellar or manual labor experience involving consistent heavy lifting. Must be able to work August through October/November, full time hours plus overtime. Must be 18 years or older.
**Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying through the harvest season!**
- Set up Equipment to receive and process grapes.
- Assist in pressing both red and whites – includes press loading, unloading, press cleaning.
- Receive and process red grapes.
- Punch downs and Pump overs, drains and dig outs.
- Tank set up and clean up.
- Barrel work that includes prepping, filling barrels, topping, and racking
- Yeasting and nutrient additions
- Forklift skills a plus
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning tasks (e.g., sweeping, scooping up debris, using water hoses/pressure washers for wash-down of grounds or buildings, etc.)
- Clean and Sanitize tanks pumps, fittings and miscellaneous equipment as directed.
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to clean cellar floors, walls, tank pads, outside and inside of tanks, and walkways.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 years or older upon starting employment.
- 1-2 years of cellar experience, or 2+ years’ experience doing manual labor involving consistent heavy lifting. Production or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to work the harvest season August through October/November.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English, Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be flexible with shift schedule.
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record.
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.