Lead Hospitality Associate
Lead Hospitality Associate - Benziger Winery
The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second-largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of the Assistant Events Manager, the Lead Hospitality Associate is responsible for event set up and breakdown, assisting with opening and closing procedures, daily cleaning, hospitality inventory management and more. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting with duties throughout the property and in other departments as needed. This is a full-time position with 40 hours per week.
- Set tables, chairs, linens, wine glasses etc. for daily reservations/events per BEO
- Pull wine and other supplies in preparation for daily reservations/event
- Breakdown and clean up event spaces upon conclusion
- Responsible for the upkeep of event spaces, laundering linens, dusting etc.
- Daily cleaning of restrooms 1x per hour during operating hours
- Assist in routine cleaning of indoor and outdoor event spaces, and ensure areas are presentable for our patrons
- Garbage removal, running dishwasher, buffing wine glasses and other related duties
- Assist with execution of events which include pouring wine, greeting guests, adhering to event timeline
- Greeting and checking in guest for daily reservations; relaying company policies
- Assist with packaging and delivering wine order pick-ups facilitated in the parking lots
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service always
- Track Hospitality supplies inventory; receive and store supplies
- Maintain and clean storage areas and service station throughout shift
- Manage organization and cleanliness of employee kitchen and break room
- Oversee employee lunches 1 day/week i.e. set up, clean up, refrigerate leftovers
- Prep, set up and break down internal meetings, lunches, coffee service etc.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up with communication of the events team and work in a fast pace environment
- Must be flexible in working weekend/special events, holidays
- At least two (2) year experience in hospitality industry, preferably in a tasting room, event or restaurant capacity
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must have ability to be ServSafe certified
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Ability to regularly work with cleaning supplies
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting banquet tables and cases of wine
- Must be able to travel between facilities
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.