Vineyard MechanicThe Wine Group
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the supervision of the Vineyard Manager, the Vineyard Mechanic performs and oversees various activities to repair and maintain vineyard equipment. Assignments involve the execution of equipment maintenance for all vineyard equipment requiring broad skills and knowledge of the equipment used in the areas of pruning, irrigation management, weed control, chemical applications, pest & disease control, cultivation, canopy management, and harvest. Must be able to diagnose, trouble-shoot all equipment used within the vineyard. Must be able to perform minor repairs that are diagnosed. Must be willing and able to drive and move equipment between TWG vineyard locations. Ideal candidates have 5+ years of mechanic/equipment maintenance experience, preferably in the agricultural industry (but not required). Must be able to be flexible with work and help operate equipment and do whatever is needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Perform standard maintenance and safety inspections of company vehicles and vineyard equipment and record results
- Hook up, inspect and repair farming implements
- Keep timely & accurate records of maintenance/repairs
- Assist Vineyard Equipment Manager in facilitating & monitoring equipment movements between TWG vineyard locations
- Execute all vineyard equipment maintenance activities in a safe, cost-mindful, effective, and efficient manner, including ordering of parts and materials then processing invoices
- Maintain communications with the Vineyard Manager, & Supervisors, Vineyard Operations administrative personnel, other equipment shop and vineyard personnel
- Work with Vineyard Manager and Supervisors to support farming operations
- Assist in keeping accurate and timely records of equipment maintenance
- Help to maintain records of daily events involving equipment maintenance, equipment movements, and work schedules
- Support (as directed) the operation and maintenance of all equipment, tools, and vehicles
- Be cost-mindful of resources used for equipment maintenance to help ensure that all operations are within budgetary parameters
- Assist in the hauling of fruit from vineyard locations to the winery during harvest
- Must be able to MIG, TIG and Stick weld
- Must possess a working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and controls
- Must be able to work on or possess a working knowledge of the following:
- Diesel and gasoline engines
- Motors, motor controls and pumps
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma Required
- 4+ years of Mechanic/Maintenance experience (agricultural industry preferred but not required)
- Basic knowledge of agricultural work environment
- Ability to operate various types of vehicles and machinery to include, but not limited to, commercial trucks, tow trailers, tractors, sprayers, lift trucks, dump trucks, loaders, back hoes, pallet jacks, hand trucks, maintenance shop equipment, etc.
- Must be flexible in working overtime or operationally needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, the Internet and computer aptitude
- Excel at creative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to determine the root cause of the problem
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently within set guidelines
- Demonstrates reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position requires significant travel between equipment shops & vineyards
- Ability to operate various types of vehicles and machinery to include, but not limited to, commercial trucks, tractors, sprayers, harvesters, lift trucks, dump trucks, loaders, back hoes, pallet jacks, hand trucks, maintenance shop equipment, etc.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Primary work activities are in the environmental elements
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain, etc.
- May be exposed to mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, farming chemicals and fertilizers, and noise levels associated with farming equipment
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, twisting and working in very tight places in the performance of various tasks in the agricultural environment
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.