Part-time Water operator needed in Jenner, CA
Part-time water operator needed 3-4 days a week. no experience necessary
The salary is $25.00 an hour without water certifications and $30.00 an hour with D2/T1 certifications
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Observes variations in operating conditions and adjusts as needed.
- Performs filter backwash procedures as outlined and records appropriate data.
- Responsible for checking all pertinent equipment on a regular basis and making minor repairs and responsible for reporting to the supervisor(s) all needed repairs.
- Monitors various gauges, meters and control panels, and SCADA System
- Operates valves either manually or by remote control.
- Maintains shift logs and records daily meter, gauge, and test readings as required.
- Collects various water samples and performs the required analysis on the samples.
- Maintains the proper chemical solutions for analysis and chemicals for treatment
- Uses a computer to control and monitor water treatment processes.
- Aids in keeping clear all walkways needed to perform the operator’s duties in a safe manner and Maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Must be available for emergencies during off-duty hours and be responsible for contacting appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with all established safety standards and regulations.
- Performs all other related tasks as directed by the supervisor(s).
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and Must be in possession of, and continually maintain, a valid Driver's license
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess a D2 and T1 certification or a minimum of an Operator in Training (OIT) Certificate obtained within 12 months of appointment. (depending on the position vacancy)
- Must be trustworthy and dependable.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Use of bench and hand tools, machines, and equipment of the mechanical trades and be able to perform heavy manual labor, which includes lifting, reaching, stretching, and bending