TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency in Northern California where we believe Different is Beautiful. TLC’s thriving programs offer a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. We provide comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services and transitional housing. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated to empower families, children, young adults and their support systems to cultivate resilience and authenticity by fostering healthy relationships.
TLC Child and Family Services is looking for an experienced bilingual (English/Spanish) social worker for our foster care and fost-adopt programs that serve Sonoma and Marin County families.
TLC’s Foster Family Agency (FFA) program provides comprehensive case management to children and youth in foster care while placed in a TLC approved resource home. The FFA program serves youth 0-21 years of age in both Sonoma and Marin counties.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Latinx Services, the Bilingual Social Worker
oversees cases that may require either a Latinx cultural component or Spanish-language capacity to best support youth and families in various programs within TLC. This position requires implementing policies and procedures in accordance with agency policy and California State Community Care Licensing Regulations, Title 22, Division 6. This position requires flexibility in personal scheduling and meeting a variety of agency needs as assigned. BBS supervision available.
- A Master’s degree in a social science related field (MSW preferred), experience in child welfare and adoption is required.
- Ability to travel to homes, community meetings, and transport children using your own vehicle.
- This will be a remote position (work from home and in the community) with support from our FFA Santa Rosa office.
- Must work collaboratively with resource parents and community partners to meet the needs of foster children
- Excellent assessment, writing and organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team are essential
- Capacity to use skill sets across TLC programs and various contexts on an ongoing basis
- Provide support to youth and resource families at the onset of placement to ensure needs are met and resources are in place
- Provide ongoing support to the resource family as needed
- Supervise a foster child or youth’s placement through case management services including in-home visits, coordination of services, coaching and advising resource parents as well as on-going communication with CPS Social Workers, therapists, and other stakeholders in the case
- Provide intake evaluation, crisis intervention, and referral services to children, youth, and their resource families as needed
- Provide crisis intervention including participation as part of our 24-hour emergency response
- Maintain appropriate working relationships with private and public agencies for the purpose of effective case management
- Assist resource families in understanding the requirements of concurrent planning and support them and children through the foster to adoption process
- Develop, implement and update various written reports per required timelines
- Write resource family assessments as assigned
- Assist in providing resource parent training and ensure that families meet their annual training requirements
- Participate in agency staff meetings and individual supervision (BBS supervision available)
- Provide agency-wide translation services as needed
- Support agency-wide development of Latinx bilingual services
- Lead resource family recruitment efforts in the community as assigned
- Participate in agency program development and community engagement activities
- Available to support agency-wide staff coverage needs as assigned
- Collaborate with the Matrix team to address recruitment, retention, fundraising, internships and program expansion needs
Competitive salary based on education and experience. Position is full time and includes: Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, and a discretionary Retirement program.
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.