TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency in Northern California where we believe Different is Beautiful. TLC’s thriving programs offer a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. We provide comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services and transitional housing. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated to empower families, children, young adults and their support systems to cultivate resilience and authenticity by fostering healthy relationships.
This 40 hour per week position involves a myriad of responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be engaging, able to work and interact with a variety of personalities as well as have the ability to take initiative and work independently. This position requires incredible attention to detail, and job duties cannot be accomplished without organizational skills.
- Generate, review and send out invoices
- Post payments by recording checks
- Conduct monthly collections
- Assist with month-end closing
- Behavioral Health Billing – Including managing all phases of Behavioral Health billing and contracting, maintaining client notes in an electronic health record
- Assisting on audited document preparation
- Research AR related issue items as instructed
- Assist in other financial areas
Years of Education:
- A minimum of an associate’s degree and previous accounting experience is required (college degree preferred)
- 1+ year of accounts receivable experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
- Accounting software experience (SAGE100 experience a plus)
- Payroll processing experience a plus
- Experience using Google Workspace (especially sheets, docs, and drives)
- Behavioral Health billing experience a plus
- Data base management a plus
- Valid CA driver’s license and the ability to pass a criminal history background check.
Competitive salary based on education and experience. Full-time position includes health benefits, paid time off, and a discretionary retirement program.
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@tlc4kids.org. Qualified candidates may be contacted for an interview.