West County Transportation Aggency Santa Rosa, CA Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on July 16, 2020
WEST COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
CLASS TITLE: MECHANIC II
Under general supervision, to perform preventive maintenance
inspections, to perform general repairs on school buses and automobiles
and perform all other related work as requested.
1. Perform preventive maintenance inspections on school buses and other
2. Adjust brakes, clutches and recommend maintenance or attention for worn parts.
3. Keep detailed records of all work perfor
4. Repair and replace bus seats, windows and windshields as necessary.
5. Assist in the repair, tuning and replacement of all major and minor components as
directed to include brakes, clutches, starters, water pumps, alternators, radiators,
hoses, fuel pumps, filters and tires.
6. Request repair parts as needed.
7. Make emergency repairs to equipment in the field as directed.
8. Follow generally accepted preventive maintenance procedures for school buses in
the State of California.
9. Relate well with other staff and the community.
10. Fuel, oil and water buses.
11. Drive a school bus over regular routes or on special trips as requested if properly
1. Title 13, CCR, regulations and vehicle code regulations pertaining to the design,
equipment requirements and maintenance procedures of school buses in the State
2. Air brake systems and components.
3. Principles and methods of preventive maintenance inspections and vehicle repairs.
4. Tools and equipment and their use necessary to
perform required duties.
1. Inspect and locate and at times repair mechanical and electrical defects.
2. Schedule inspections, repairs and document their completion.
3. Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
4. Obtain a valid Class B license.
1. High school graduation or G.E.D.
2. One year of apprentice level experience as a mechanic in the overall repair of
heavy and light automotive and other power driven equipment